Friday, July 1, 2011

Old Friends, New Friends, and Good Times

I had a special treat last night....no, not another hot fudge sundae with extra nuts. However, I did have some amazing table side smore's at the this awesome place. I had an evening with my very best friend in the world, Andrea!!!! Just us, no kids, no husband, no body but us! It has literally been years since we were able to do that. And the last time I saw her was when I was pregnant with Chloe ( do we see a reoccurring theme here...?) You know you have a true friend when you don't see each other for 2 years and you pick up right where you left off. It was great. We just talked, laughed, and even did some shopping!  Love that girl!

Today at work I was given another special treat! My coworkers and sweet girlfriends threw me a surprise baby shower at my favorite Fort Worth cafe, Cafe Brazil! Again - amazing food! Can you tell I love food?? There were tons of gifts for Jeremiah, and even Chloe and Jacob! It was so sweet and I am so thankful to work with and know such sweet thoughtful people! I was loaded up on diapers, wipes, soaps, lotions, and tons of other stuff. It's amazing how many people care about this little man who hasn't even arrived yet!

So two days in a row I was treated to some great times with great friends. This is not a common occurance for this mommy. Getting to spend time with just the girls is a rare treat! I must also add a huge awesome bonus to these two days was the amazing sale I hit at Gap. I got 14 items for the kids for $56. I had a $25 gift card - making my out of pocket hit only $32! Do the math people - you can't shop at target that cheap!!!! Woohoo!!! Super excited!!!

I'm in a great mood! Not just because I was given gifts or got some great deals on clothes - that was just bonus. But because I am truly blessed with so many people that love me and my little family. I have so much to be thankful for. I hope I can be as good and loving of a friend to them as they are to me.

3 day weekend here I come!!!!! More good times to be had this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment